Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Let's talk about the weather

She 

She left a year ago.

We had danced every morning at dawn in the thick of October, 

communed by the dock after I'd tossed bread to the ducks, 
unwound on the beach under a smeared auburn sunset 

and then she was gone.

A year passed and she had yet to return.
Yoked to Magical memories I walked in circles
through cold, damp days, telling myself 
she was not the one not the only one not the be all end all;
I stopped looking at the calendar.



Wednesday morning I awoke and she was there. 

Suddenly I was whole, aglow. 
I hummed “Ode to Joy” in the shower, 
sipped coffee black and rich, 
burst out the front door into seventy degrees
sun and blue sky far as the eye could see...

I felt connected
to the spandex-clad couple jogging through the park, 
the lazy arc and ebb of the Frisbee in the field behind them, 
to young fresh faces that glowed-
-and burned.

I felt connected 
to her everflowing presence
with a hitch in my stride, 
bouncing up and down like a bobbin on a purling stream 
gleaming with the spirit of her,

my long lost Indian summer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment